What makes something a piece of art? Complete a series of five activities that focus on different types of art from around the globe. Learn about cave paintings, painted scrolls, and art that tells stories. Make your own paper beads and explore the importance of decorative art. Examine the importance of art in religion and architecture.
The Global Art Scout Badge includes a series of five lessons that focus on different types of art from around the globe. Each lesson has two hands-on activities, so scouts can make their own art at home.
- What is Art?
- Art That Tells Stories
- Wearable Art
- Art and Architecture
- Art and Religion
Register any time. All activities are available to download on our special Scout Padlet site and can be completed from the comfort of home. Scouts will be mailed their very own Penn Museum badge, too!
$5 Per Person
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should register?
- We encourage scout leaders to register for their group. If you are not affiliated with a scout group and would still like to complete the badge activities, you can register on your own.
- How do I access the Global Art Scout Badge Activities?
- Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email with the Padlet link and password. All activities will be hosted on Padlet and are download-friendly.
- What is Padlet?
- Padlet is an online resource-sharing site. Padlet allows us to easily share downloadable materials, activities, videos, and resource lists.
- Will I need to purchase special materials to complete kit activities?
- Activities have been designed for easily accessible materials, such as paper, pencils, crayons, scissors, or various recyclable materials. All activities will have a list of additional materials that can be used if you have them but are not required in order to complete the project.
- How do I get my badge?
- Badges will be mailed to the address provided during registration. Each $5 registration comes with one badge.
- Is the Global Art Scout Badge an official Girl Scout/Boy Scout Badge?
- I registered and haven’t received an email with the link. What do I do?